BUYING A HOME AT SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE?
Many years of experience in both the Real Estate and Property Management fields allow me to guide you through the hurdles of property ownership. Without proper guidance you may purchase a property that is not well suited for your investment needs.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR REAL ESTATE SEARCH, CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Will you be living at Smith Mountain Lake year round, using the waterfront lake home for vacation or rental purposes?
- What can I expect at Smith Mountain Lake to receive in rental income and rental expenses?
- When financing a home… what rate and terms can I get and how much down-payment will I need? Does this change if it is my primary home as opposed to being a rental/vacation rental property?
- How can two identical homes sell for hundreds of thousands more?
- What are the AEP Dock rules as they apply to repairing docks, replacing docks?
- What is the AEP Dock ownership and the many rules regarding this transfer of ownership?
- Home inspections and how to protect yourself?
- Which location is right for my needs?… such as how different zoning in Franklin, Bedford, and Pittsylvania counties around Smith Mountain Lake apply to the future rental of my vacation properties at Smith Mountain Lake?
- How do I obtain a rental permit and what are the rules in each area?
- Property Owners Associations and their rules regarding property use
- Financing the home of my dreams
- What type of preparation can I do that will enable me to negotiate and get the best terms from the Seller?
- Are there any foreclosures or bank owned properties in the area?
Are you ready to start your search? Fill out the form below and we can begin looking for that perfect place to call home, together.